Crispy Plantain crusted Florida Finfish with Grapefruit-Avocado Relish
Yield 4 ServingsIngredients:
- 4 six ounce fillets Florida finfish
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 ounces plantain chips, crushed
- 2 large Florida grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 Florida avocado, peeled and diced
- 1 small red onion, diced small
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon Florida honey
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
In a medium sized mixing bowl, combine grapefruit segments, avocado, diced red onion, chopped cilantro, lime juice, and honey. Stir carefully to combine. Season ingredients lightly with sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
Preheat a large sauté pan over medium high heat. Lightly press or coat one side of each fish fillet with the crushed plantain chips. Add the olive oil to the preheated pan. Carefully place all four fish fillets, plantain side down in the pan. Cook the crusted fish fillets for 2 to 4 minutes on each side depending on thickness until completely done throughout. Remove cooked fish fillets from pan and place them on individual plates.
Using a slotted spoon, add equal amounts of the grapefruit to the plated fish fillets. Serve with rice.
Recipe courtesy of Chef Justin Timineri C.E.C., Florida Department of Agriculture, VSPC