Firefighters arrived to a burning home just minutes after hearing it caught fire, but that was still too late for two dogs trapped inside.
A Pasco Fire Rescue official says it happened at a house on the 5200 block of Eagle Drive in Holiday.
Someone called to report the fire at 10:14 a.m. Units were on scene just two minutes later at 10:16, but said the residence was already up in flames.
No one was injured, but sadly both dogs were lost in the fire.
"A preliminary investigation shows the roof took a direct lightning strike which started the fire," spokesman Doug Tobin offered.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?