CLEARWATER (FOX 13) -
Must have the following in order to apply:
- Bachelor's degree.
- 4-6 years' experience and /or training in related field managing commercial lawn accounts, with landscape maintenance and turf management and experience including supervisory, and an understanding of mowers, blowers, related equipment, planting and turf care.
- Knowledge of perennials, shrubs, evergreens and trees.
- Horticultural Certification.
- Proficient with computer software programs including MS office suite (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Must be able to read and interpret general trade and business periodicals.
- Must possess a Florida driver’s license (Employer will check driving history)
Preferred skills: Bachelor's degree in Landscape Architecture or Horticulture in related field plus certification preferred.
Required Screenings: Criminal background checks (Local, National) as far back as the system will allow, Education, SS#, DMV, Pre-employment drug screen, Random drug screening. Drug free workplace.
- Supervises all entire landscape department (Landscape Foreman, crews, mowers, Borderscape, spray tech) responsible for all daily, weekly and monthly tasks, discuss and prioritize daily work load for each crew at the beginning and end of every shift.
- Oversees Foreman, Crew Leader and their crews and engaged in the planting, landscape maintenance, and removal of trees and plant materials for landscape beautification throughout the community.
- Help create a fun work environment. He/she should be inspired, motivated, and lead by example. Demonstrating role model behaviors on ethics and integrity as well as positively promoting company culture.
- In charge of purchasing all equipment parts and plant materials as instructed by the General Manager/Operational Manager.
- Participate in the development of goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures; make recommendation for changes and improvements to existing standards, policies, and procedures; participate in the implementation of approved policies and procedures; monitor work activities to ensure compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Be able to identify various plant materials throughout the community and be able to determine plant stress or plant healthiness.
- Helps with monitoring equipment operation and repair. He/she should be able to communicate effectively with the Equipment Manager to minimize downtime.
- Read and interpret maps, plans sketches, schematic, diagrams and blueprints.
- Have familiarity with various fertilizers and chemicals and how they are used and applied.
- Be familiar with low-pressure irrigation systems with landscaping.
- Ensure property is maintained up to standards and continuing to drive productivity improvements defined as quality and efficiency.
- Must be able to consistently achieve high work standards; attention to detail, accuracy and timeliness a must.
- Administrative duties. Coaching, evaluating, and training staff and field workers in the performance of landscape. Involved with hiring, firing, incidents and accident reports, counseling, etc.
- Reporting functions, such as keeping and updating work logs, mileage, inventory, etc.
- Manage and/or delegate service tickets
- Observe production of crews
- Communicate with Landscape Foreman and Crew Leaders as issues arise throughout the day
- Determine project needs on property
- Supervise special projects
- Ensure team members utilize proper personal protective equipment
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with other departments as needed
- Evaluates landscaping problems and issues and provides resolution.
- Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- The Landscape Superintendent will take the responsibilities of communicating effectively with the community association and other staff members with regards to daily operations and tasks.
- Other duties assigned.
Work Environment & Dress Code: Outside work; Dress Code: UNIFORMS PROVIDED. This position is regularly exposed to wet or humid conditions. The majority of work is performed in outdoors. Exposure to high temperatures (95 degrees and above), low temperatures (32 degrees and below) and a variety of weather conditions is common. The typical noise level is quiet to very loud.
Hiring Process: One-on-one interview.
Employer will be on-site recruiting for this position
Wednesday, July 16th, 2014
9:00am - 11:30 am
CareerSource Pinellas center on Gulf to Bay
2312 Gulf to Bay Blvd., Clearwater 33765
Day & Hours: Monday-Friday, 6:45am-3:15pm.
Pay: $32K - $38K/yr
Apply by: Email Resume in Word with Job # to: email@example.com