Beyonce, Jay Z, Solange moving past attack video - FOX 13 News

Beyonce, Jay Z, Solange moving past attack video

Posted: Updated:

By MESFIN FEKADU | AP Music Writer

Beyonce, Jay Z and Solange say they have worked through and are moving on since a video leaked this week of Solange attacking Jay Z in an elevator.

"As a result of the public release of the elevator security footage from Monday, May 5th, there has been a great deal of speculation about what triggered the unfortunate incident. But the most important thing is that our family has worked through it," an exclusive statement to The Associated Press read Thursday. "Jay and Solange each assume their share of responsibility for what has occurred. They both acknowledge their role in this private matter that has played out in the public. They both have apologized to each other and we have moved forward as a united family."

The website TMZ posted the three-minute video Monday and said it was shot last week inside the Standard Hotel in New York City. The video appears to show Solange, Beyonce's sister, attacking Jay Z in Beyonce's presence. A security guard intervenes. The footage shows the performers in the outfits they wore to the Met Gala last week. There is no audio.

"The reports of Solange being intoxicated or displaying erratic behavior throughout that evening are simply false," the statement continued. "At the end of the day families have problems and we're no different. We love each other and above all we are family. We've put this behind us and hope everyone else will do the same."

The hotel said Wednesday it had fired the person who recorded the video.

Beyonce and Jay Z were married in 2008.

  • Manhattan NewsManhattan NewsMore>>

  • NYC Council bill to make kids' fast food healthier

    NYC Council bill to make kids' fast food healthier

    Thursday, August 21 2014 12:09 PM EDT2014-08-21 16:09:22 GMT
    Happy Meals might soon need to get healthier.  A New York City councilman is introducing legislation that would set stricter nutritional standards for meals served with toys.
    Happy Meals might soon need to get healthier.  A New York City councilman is introducing legislation that would set stricter nutritional standards for meals served with toys.
  • Chokehold attacker targeting victims in Central Park

    Chokehold attacker targeting victims in Central Park

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:33 AM EDT2014-08-21 15:33:53 GMT
    The NYPD is looking for a tall, violent thug who is attacking victims in Central Park and dragging them to the ground with chokeholds.The latest attack happened about 12:40 a.m. on Wednesday. Police say the 6' 5" attacker started a conversation with a 47-year-old man in the area of 74th St. and East Drive. He then put the victim in a chokehold, dropped him to the ground and stole his bag.
    The NYPD is looking for a tall, violent thug who is attacking victims in Central Park and dragging them to the ground with chokeholds.The latest attack happened about 12:40 a.m. on Wednesday. Police say the 6' 5" attacker started a conversation with a 47-year-old man in the area of 74th St. and East Drive. He then put the victim in a chokehold, dropped him to the ground and stole his bag.
  • Vandal splashes red substance at NYC museum

    Vandal splashes red substance on NYC museum wall

    Thursday, August 21 2014 11:14 AM EDT2014-08-21 15:14:21 GMT
    A vandal has splashed a red substance on a wall at New York City's Whitney Museum of American Art.
    A vandal has splashed a red substance on a wall inside New York City's Whitney Museum of American Art.
Powered by WorldNow

FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
3213 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33609
Main: (813) 876-1313
Newsroom: (813) 870-9630
Fax: (813) 871-3135

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices