Police are investigating at least eight catalytic converter thefts reported over two days in Southwest Side neighborhoods near Midway Airport.
All eight thefts happened Monday or Tuesday, with thieves removing the devices from cars parked on the street, Chicago Lawn District police said in a community alert.
Five of the thefts happened in the Clearing neighborhood, maps show. West Lawn, West Elsdon and Archer Heights each saw one theft.
The locations of the catalytic converter thefts include:
• the 6000 block of S Rutherford Ave.,
• the 6000 block of S. Kilbourn Ave.,
• the 6200 block of S. Natoma Ave.,
• the 6000 block of S. Massasoit Ave.,
• the 5200 block of S. Kildare Ave.,
• the 6000 block of S. Normandy Ave.,
• the 5400 block of S. Springfield Ave., and
• the 6000 block of S. Kilpatrick Ave.
Police are urging drivers to park in well-lit areas and call 911 to report any suspicious people or activity, the alert said. Anyone with information on the thefts is asked to call Area Central detectives at (312) 747-8382.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?