Tampa Fire Rescue responded to a fire at a Denny's Restaurant on Dale Mabry.
When they arrived, fire crews found smoke and fire coming from the roof of the building.
Employees said a grease fire started in the kitchen area.
Diners and employees were evacuated from the restaurant before firefighters were on scene.
The fire was under control in 15 minutes.
Investigators said the fire started in the grease hood and spread through the duct work in the roof.
The store has minor interior damage.
It will be closed until further notice.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?