Firefighters say they found a dog unconscious inside a house fire on Missouri Avenue this morning and were able to save its life.
Hillsborough County Fire and Rescue officials say it broke out in the kitchen with a pot on a stove. Several people were inside at the time and got out alive.
When firefighters got there, the occupants told them a dog was still inside. They found the dog unconscious in one of the bedrooms, got it outside, and then paramedics gave it oxygen.
Amazingly, the dog -- a pit bull -- was revived. The owner took it with them from the scene, firefighters said.
However, the bad news is the home. It was heavily damaged by smoke and flames.
A few occupants had to be treated for smoke inhalation, but everyone else was OK.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?