The Gasparilla Parade of the Pirates begins at 2 p.m. and lasts until 5:30 p.m. It begins at Bay to Bay Blvd. and Bayshore Blvd., continues down Bayshore Blvd. then turns east on Brorein St. and north on Ashley Dr. where it ends on Ashley Dr. and Cass St. The Pirate Fest party continues in the streets of downtown Tampa until 10 p.m. Last year, hundreds of thousands attended Gasparilla 2013.
Here are some useful tips before heading to Tampa's biggest traditions.
Gasparilla is free, but bring some cash for parking, food and others vendors. There are ATMs available, but be mindful of additional fees.
Tickets for reserved seats can range anywhere from $35 to $102. For details and to buy tickets:
Here are some the things you can't bring to Gasparilla Parade.
- Styrofoam cups or containers
- Glass containers of any sort (City Ordinance)
- Advertising of an any product or service
- Tents of any sort
- Coolers - Note: Small soft-sided cooler and lunch bags are permitted for childcare needs and medical needs only.
- Fence, stakes or rope (used by spectators to reserve space for parade viewing)
- Contests or lotteries of any kind
For parking, bus and trolley information;
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?