Hero rescues mother, baby from burning apartment - FOX 13 News

Hero rescues mother, baby from burning apartment

Posted: Updated:
FAIRBURN, Ga. -

More than a dozen people are homeless after a fire destroyed their Fairburn apartments on Saturday morning.

A fire broke out at the Ashford Town and Country Apartments located 50 Clay Street in Fairburn destroying 8 of units and displaced 17 residents.

In the smoke and flames were Tyisha Anthony and her one-year-old baby, Sage. They were trapped on the second floor. She smashed out a window screen and called for help. That's when a passerby heard her cries and jumped into action.

Click on video above for full report from FOX 5's Nicole Estaphan

Powered by WorldNow

FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
3213 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33609
Main: (813) 876-1313
Newsroom: (813) 870-9630
Fax: (813) 871-3135

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices