Families returned home Monday after a massive sinkhole threatened their homes in Dunedin.
The sinkhole opened last week off Robmar Road, causing six families to evacuate.
City crews spent days filling the hole with dirt.
"Pushing the dirt all the way to the backyard and then filling in around, hopefully stabilized the sinkhole," said Dunedin Deputy Fire Chief Trip Barrs. "It won't expand or open back up again."
While two homes were condemned, four families received clearance to re-enter their properties. City engineers said filling the hole with dirt provided support and stability.
"We can provide the same assurance we could have last Wednesday," said Dunedin City Engineer Tom Burke.
"There has been no movement in any of these buildings. No apparent change that would cause them to have concern about returning to the buildings."
Elisa "Summer" Guo watched from her home across the street, she moved to the neighborhood less than two months ago.
"I bought the house. Nobody had said anything about sinkholes, so it wasn't really on my mind," said Guo. "The day it happened, I definitely called my insurance agent."
Guo described the impact of having a sinkhole so close to her home.
"These things generally don't happen right across the street from you. but what can I do now, you know?" said Guo. "I live here. I love living here. I still love my house."
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?