A Brandon woman died after a mattress caught fire in her home Monday, fire rescue crews said.
It happened on Southwind Drive.
Firefighters say when they got to the house, they found a man performing CPR on a woman in the foyer of the home.
The woman was on oxygen for a medical condition; medics rushed her to the hospital, but she did not survive.
The view from SkyFOX showed no apparent damage to the outside of the home, but a Hillsborough Fire Rescue spokesman said there was heavy smoke damage on the inside.
The man was treated at the scene. The Red Cross is now assisting him with shelter, clothing and food.
Fire crews say the family's cat died inside the house.
The people's identities have not been released.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?