Missing Lindenwood teen found hours later - FOX 13 News

Missing Lindenwood teen found hours later

Posted: Updated:
Griffin Dreger, 13. Griffin Dreger, 13.
NEW YORK (MYFOXNY) - A 13-year-old boy from the Lindenwood section of Queens has been found safe after disappearing Friday morning when he went outside to take out the garbage.

The Queens Chronicle reported that Griffin Dreger, 13, was found at the Jamaica LIRR station.

The NYPD released a photo of the boy who is a student at St. Thomas the Apostle school in Woodhaven. His family was worried that he had been kidnapped because some neighbors said they thought they had heard him screaming outside his home on Cross Bay Boulevard.

The NYPD has been searching for another missing teen from Queens.

Avonte Oquendo, 14, of Rego Park disappeared last Friday after he ran out of his school in Long Island City.

Oquendo is autistic and unable to verbally communicate.

A $50,000 reward is offered for his safe return.

  • Queens NewsQueens NewsMore>>

  • Kayakers breach New York's JFK airport security

    Kayakers breach New York's JFK airport security

    Sunday, July 27 2014 3:46 PM EDT2014-07-27 19:46:29 GMT
    The tower at John F. Kennedy International AirportThe tower at John F. Kennedy International Airport
    Two kayakers have been cited for trespassing after breaching a Kennedy Airport security perimeter.
    Two kayakers have been cited for trespassing after breaching a security perimeter at New York's Kennedy Airport.
  • NY man dies speeding on a straight road

    NY man dies speeding on a straight road

    Sunday, July 27 2014 2:29 PM EDT2014-07-27 18:29:19 GMT
    Police say a 24-year-old Queens man was killed in a fiery crash while speeding on a Long Island parkway.
    Police say a 24-year-old Queens man was killed in a fiery crash while speeding on a Long Island parkway.
  • G subway line shutting down for 5 weeks

    G subway line shutting down for 5 weeks

    Friday, July 25 2014 9:37 PM EDT2014-07-26 01:37:26 GMT
    Beginning Friday night, a portion of the G subway line that connects Brooklyn and Queens will be shut down for five weeks.
    The MTA says there will be no service between the Nassau Avenue station in Greenpoint and Court Square in Long Island City until Sept. 2.
    Beginning Friday night, a portion of the G subway line that connects Brooklyn and Queens will be shut down for five weeks.
    The MTA says there will be no service between the Nassau Avenue station in Greenpoint and Court Square in Long Island City until Sept. 2.
Powered by WorldNow

FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
3213 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33609
Main: (813) 876-1313
Newsroom: (813) 870-9630
Fax: (813) 871-3135

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices