A smoke alarm saves two lives - FOX 13 News

A smoke alarm saves two lives

Posted: Updated:
TAMPA (FOX 13) -

(TAMPA) A smoke alarm is being credited with saving two people from a house fire in Progress Village.

They were sleeping when fire broke out in the kitchen of the house at 4919 84th Street South.

They heard the smoke alarm and got out.

Hillsborough County Fire Rescue was able to contain the fire to the kitchen.

They say it was accidental.

One person had to be taken to the hospital for smoke inhalation.

Powered by WorldNow

FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
3213 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33609
Main: (813) 876-1313
Newsroom: (813) 870-9630
Fax: (813) 871-3135

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices