Former Miss Turkey Aslihan Koruyan Sabanci is the author Gluten-Free Mediterranean Gourmet Cuisine.
She prepared eggplant skewers in the Good Day Cafe.
Boca Kebabi ( bundled eggplant kebab) recipe:
1 ½ lbs (500gr) ground beef
2 medium eggplants
1 medium onion
2 medium tomatoes
1 tablespoon tomato puree
1 ½ cup of water
1 garlic clove
¼ bunch fresh parsley
¼ bunch thyme
¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons sunflower oil ( for frying)
1. Chop the onion and garlic sauté with two table spoons of olive oil
2. Add ground beef and cook for five minutes.
3. Combine the chopped tomatoes, one tablespoon olive oil, tomato puree , salt, pepper, minced thyme and parsley with the beef.
4. Carefully add boiling water and cook over low heat for one hour.
5. Cut the eggplants in lengthwise strips and fry in sunflower oil.
6. Place one or two tablespoons of the beef mixture onto the center of each slice of eggplant. Carefully roll the sliced eggplant around the beef like a bundle. Tie with parsley stems or secure with toothpick, serve.