Fan shorting out sparked fire at Telway, owner says - FOX 13 News

Fan shorting out sparked fire at Detroit's Telway restaurant, owner says

Posted: Updated:
There was a fire Friday evening at the Telway in southwest Detroit. There was a fire Friday evening at the Telway in southwest Detroit.
DETROIT (WJBK) -

There was a fire Friday evening at a popular burger joint in southwest Detroit.  Fire crews were called out to the Telway on Michigan Avenue and Martin.

We're told the fire started in the kitchen, and firefighters quickly responded and put the fire out.

The owner, Earl Owens, said the fire started when a fan shorted out.  He plans to re-open soon.

"We'll be open two or three or four days," he said.

The restaurant has been a part of the neighborhood since 1944 and is known for its coffee and, of course, the legendary Telway Burger.

Powered by WorldNow

FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
3213 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33609
Main: (813) 876-1313
Newsroom: (813) 870-9630
Fax: (813) 871-3135

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Ad Choices