A Seffner family of six was displaced when fire destroyed their mobile home Saturday morning.
Two adults and four children managed to get out of the structure by the time crews from Hillsborough County Fire Rescue arrived on scene just before 10:30 a.m.
According to a HCFR report the residence – located in the Twin Palms Mobile Home Park - was not equipped with a working smoke detector.
"The mobile home was ¾ engulfed in flames when we got here. Fortunately all of the occupants had already gotten out," said Jessica Damico, a public information officer with HCFR. "The family dog made it out too and was located at a neighbor's home."
Officials with the local chapter of the American Red Cross will assist the residents with temporary housing and other supplies.
The cause of the fire was determined to be a propane tank that had exploded. No other structures were affected.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?