ATLANTA (AP) - Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal has announced a panel tasked with replacing suspended DeKalb County School Board members is accepting applications.
In a statement Wednesday, Deal said a panel he assembled will accept applications through 5 p.m. on March 6. Deal last week said he would sign an executive order suspending 6 of 9 DeKalb County School Board members at the recommendation of the state board of education.
Deal announced the suspensions Monday although federal judge issued an order temporarily preventing him from replacing board members until after a hearing on Friday.
Candidates are asked to send a statement of interest, a resume and information on which district seat they're applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?