A Tampa residence in the 3900 block of Powhathan Ave. East was badly damaged by fire Saturday afternoon.
Fortunately nobody was injured in the blaze that broke out at approximately 12:30 p.m.
According to a Tampa Fire Rescue report smoke was emitting from the structure when crews arrived at 3913 Powhathan Ave. East. Two males were attempted to battle the fire with a water hose.
All occupants were quickly removed from the home. It was extinguished within minutes but suffered about $10,000 in damages.
An investigation revealed the fire started in the attic and was electrical in nature. A member of the family smelled smoke evacuated the home and called 9-1-1.
The residents – three adults and three minor children and two dogs – were working with the local chapter of The American Red Cross in an effort to obtain temporary housing.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV3213 West Kennedy Blvd.Tampa, Florida 33609Main: (813) 876-1313Newsroom: (813) 870-9630Fax: (813) 871-3135