- 2 dozen wings
- Kikkoman Soy sauce or Gluten-free Japanese soy sauce
- 6 chopped scallions
- Black sesame seeds
- Capelin Roe
- 1/2 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup Teriyaki Glaze or Gluten-Free Teriyaki Glaze
- 1/2 tsp Sesame Oil
- Srirachia (Thai chili sauce)
- 1 large bag of regular potato chips
- Rice Flour OR wheat flour
- Cooking Spray (optional)
NOTE: You will need to make potato chip crumbs. The easiest way is to put potato chips into a food processor, and process until they are crumbs. The hard way is to crush them by hand - put them in a freezer bag and crush them by hand until they are crumbs.
1. Sprinkle fresh, raw chicken wings liberally with soy sauce and let marinade in fridge for 20 minutes to 2 hours.
2. Dredge chicken wings in rice flour and put them on a non-stick baking surface with a little cooking spray. Spray the top of the wings too. Do not pile wings on top of each other, only make one layer and lay them all flat on the baking sheet so that they bake evenly and crispy.
3. Roast wings in oven at 450 for 30 minutes.
4. While wings are in the oven, mix the wing sauce by combining 1/2 cup of mayonnaise, 1/2 cup teriyaki glaze and a little sesame oil (1/2 tsp). Mix together well.
5. When wings are done, remove from oven, put them into a large food container with a lid, add the wing sauce and shake lightly to coat wings. Transfer coated wings onto a platter.
6. Garnish wings with spicy srirachia chili sauce, black sesame seeds, chopped scallions, potato chip crumbs, and capelin roe. I like to serve these on banana leaves with a colorful garnish.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?