Boonton Township Recreation's Holiday Celebration is providing "Hope for the Holidays" as part of its Hurricane Sandy Holiday Project.
The event will be held on Saturday, December 8th from 1:00-4:00 p.m. at the Boonton Township Fire House.
They are looking for volunteers to help make the holidays special for those who lost so much during the storm.
They will be making holiday decorations to help decorate the Jersey Shore Shelters. Lunch will be served along with hot chocolate, chocolate fountain, cookies and other sweets.
Santa will arrive at 2:00 p.m. and Big Jeff will play music at 3 p.m.
Donations can be dropped at Town Hall any time or at the Fire House on December 8th
• New or gently used holiday decorations
• Canned Goods
• Gift Cards- Any gift card that can be used to purchase toys for Union Beach. Their goal is fulfill every child's list
• Gift Card for clothes, food, or rebuilding materials (Wal-mart, Target, Home Depot or Lowes)
• Gallon zip lock bags, Contractor bags
• Toilet paper, paper towels
• Sponges, buckets, dust pans, hard brooms, mops (large) with squeegee handles
• Shovels, rakes, dust masks, work gloves, eye protective glasses
• Tarps (8x10, 12x16, 12x20, 15x20, 20x30, 30x50)
• Construction supplies: cap nails, penny nails, 3" screws, 1 ½" roofing nails, hammers
• New towels, washcloths, blankets, sheets, air mattresses in (single, full or queen, pillows, shower curtains, etc…
• School Supplies: copy paper (any color)