An undercover sting operation targeting prostitution resulted in 10 arrests Saturday afternoon in the North Wabash section of Polk County.
All of the suspects taken into custody on Saturday are men. They were all booked into the Polk County Jail and released after posting a bond of $250.
One of the suspects, Todd Michael Shetter, is also facing a drug-related charge.
Polk County Sheriff Grady Judd says his agency will continue to crack down on the illegal sex trade.
"Prostitution is illegal and those who commit or who derive proceeds from this crime in Polk County can expect to go to jail," Judd explained. "The negative social costs of prostitution hurt families, children and communities."
The sting operation was conducted in response to citizen complaints about prostitution in the North Wabash community.
In addition to Shetter the following nine men were also arrested on one count of solicitation for prostitution:
- Gary W. Elliott, a 63-year-old Lakeland resident.
- Paul Gerard Myers, a 29-year-old Davenport resident.
- Michael Gerald Toomey, a 59-year-old resident of the Virgin Islands.
- Valentin Espinosa, a 27-year-old Lakeland resident.
- Daniel Lee Foxworth, a 48-year-old Lakeland man.
- Roberto Silva, a 40-year-old Brandon resident.
- Robert Leeroy Jenkins, a 46-year-old Lakeland resident.
- Masters Hemantkemar, a 73-year-old Lakeland resident.
- Ismael Chavez, a 48-year-old Dover resident.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?