Click here for information from the National Hurricane Center.
The National Weather Service says the latest storm track for Hurricane Sandy "poses a direct threat to our region."
The National Hurricane Center's five-day forecast cone shows the storm's center could be just off the New Jersey's coast by Tuesday morning.
We've put together several tips, links and other information for you to prepare for the storm.
Make sure to check in regularly with myfoxphilly.com and FOX 29 News for updates.
Tips From Fox 29 Chief Meteorologist Scott Williams:
Tips for outside of your home:
- Before the storm, clean out the gutters of your home - Remove any light-weight Halloween decorations or sharp objects from your front yard - Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are properly trimmed - Plan to bring all outdoor furniture, garbage cans and anything else inside
Tips for inside of your home:
- Purchase extra batteries and candles in case of a power outage - Make sure to have a can-opener in an easy to find location - Buy candles or make sure there are some in your home in case of a power outage - Make sure there is an ample supply of canned or non-perishable food on hand
Tips from AAA on navigating stormy weather:
- Reduce speed significantly
- Increase following distances
- Turn on windshield wipers as soon as rain begins to fall