St. Pete man severely burned in grease fire - FOX 13 News

St. Pete man severely burned in grease fire

Posted: Updated:
ST. PETERSBURG (FOX 13) -

A St. Petersburg man was rushed to the hospital with severe burns after a pot of grease caught fire inside his home.

It happened on 15th Street North. Police said the man has severe burns on both legs and one arm. A neighbor rushed in to help, getting the man outside and then grabbing a hose to try and put out the flames.

What he saw left him shaken.

"He was burned (badly), too," said neighbor Larry Bynum. "He must have tried to catch that pot, and it ripped the skin right off of him."

The victim was taken to the burn unit at Tampa General Hospital. There is no word on his condition.

Powered by WorldNow

FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
3213 West Kennedy Blvd.
Tampa, Florida 33609
Main: (813) 876-1313
Newsroom: (813) 870-9630
Fax: (813) 871-3135

Didn't find what you were looking for?
All content © Copyright 2000 - 2014 Fox Television Stations, Inc. and Worldnow. All Rights Reserved.
Privacy Policy | New Terms of Service What's new | Ad Choices