A Seminole family was able to escape a fire that destroyed their home Wednesday morning.
The blaze broke out overnight in the 12,000 block of Rhonda Terrace, and it all started when Maria Scarzafava was cooking in the kitchen.
She told us she left a pot of oil cooking on the stove for a few minutes while she went in the bathroom, and when she returned it had burst into flames.
Scarzafava said she quickly made sure her family, including her elderly mother, got out quickly.
The family lost nearly everything in the fire
"But I told (my mother) you know what: You can always replace that stuff," she said. "As long as we're all out, you know."
The fire went to two alarms before crews could put it out, but it looked like the home was a total loss, officials said.
FOX 13 / WTVT-TV
Didn't find what you were looking for?